With that said, I am loving Heritage Store's Rosewater & Glycerin at the moment! It is a classic, inexpensive product that contains three simple ingredients: water, vegetable glycerin and hydroessential rose oil. Glycerin is a humectant that attracts moisture to your skin, and rose oil provides a crisp, girly scent.
I posted a popular toner recipe that has these ingredients plus witch hazel, but you can also skip the witch hazel with this product and it becomes less of a toner and smells much better! This is a super versatile and refreshing spray that I find myself reaching for all of the time. It's a nice "pick-me-up" and has a rose scent that isn't too strong or irritating. Here are some of the uses I've found for it:
- Great as a setting spray over makeup. This is especially nice if you face feels too dry from powder, and gives a nice finish.
- A light moisturizer and refresher for thirsty skin. This would also be really nice in the summer when you don't want to put anything heavy on your face.
- Spritz on after cleansing and before moisturizing to make thick moisturizers spread a bit easier.
- As a light perfume on your pulse points.
- Anywhere on your body that needs a little moisture boost.
Do you use Rosewater & Glycerin? What uses have you found for it?
Ingredients: Vor-Mag Water (water that has been vortexed and magnetized to raise the energy to a higher vibration that we believe to be more beneficial), natural vegetable glycerine and hydroessential rose oil. (That Vor-Mag info sounds a bit nutty, doesn't it? Anyone have any real evidence of it's effectiveness?)
Where to buy: $6.69 for 8 oz on Vitacost. A smaller, more travel friendly 4 oz size is also available for $4.09.
Disclosure: Contains affiliate links.